Minor in Russian Teaching
This minor is designed to prepare students to teach in public schools. A teaching minor may only be received by students graduating with a teaching major. In order to graduate with this minor, students are required to complete Utah State Office of Education licensing requirements. To view these requirements go to http://education.byu.edu/ess/licensing.html or contact Education Student Services, 120 MCKB, (801) 422-3426.
Note: Before declaring a Russian teaching minor, candidates must consult with the section leader.
- Register with the secretary in the department office.
- Grades below C- in professional education courses or content courses will not be accepted in the teaching major or teaching minor. Teacher candidates must have a cumulative 2.85 GPA in teaching major and teaching minor courses to qualify for student teaching.
- Complete the following prerequisite courses (may be waived for students with sufficient proficiency in the language):
- Complete the following:
- Complete one course from the following:
- Complete a foreign language methodology course as approved by the Russian section head. Course must be taken prior to student teaching.
- Before applying to student teach in the major, complete the Oral Proficiency Interview (OPI) examination with a minimum level of Intermediate-High in order to be granted Utah state licensure.
*Hours include courses that may fulfill university core requirements.