Post-Baccalaureate Students (PBS) may be able to qualify for financial aid under limited circumstances. Please meet with your financial aid counselor to discuss your requirements and the documentation you must submit in order to be considered for potential eligibility. The following requirements will apply:
- You must already have a bachelors degree and you must provide a letter or memo from the department indicating that you are enrolled in coursework required as prerequisites for entry to a graduate or professional program--OR--You must already have a bachelor's degree and you must provide documentation that the coursework is necessary to obtain state certification required for teaching.
- You must abide by required undergraduate credit hour enrollments and loan limits.
- You must be registered at least half-time (6.0 hours per semester/term).
- You will be restricted to undergraduate loan limits, but you will pay graduate tuition rates. You may qualify for yearly undergraduate senior class Stafford Loan limits of $5,500 subsidized and $7,000 unsubsidized.
3. You must be complete the normal application process for financial aid.
4. You will NOT be eligible for grants or PLUS loans as a PB Student.
Subsidized Stafford Loans are offered based on financial need as assessed through the application. Financial need is not a requirement for Unsubsidized Stafford Loans. The remaining requirements are the same for both types of Stafford Loans.
To establish and maintain eligibility, a student must meet the following criteria:
- Be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident, or other eligible non-citizen.
- Have a high school diploma or its recognized equivalent.
- Meet all Satisfactory Academic Progress requirements.
- Must be pursuing initial teacher certification, or required recertification; or take prerequisite courses for admission to a graduate degress-seeking program (for current or future enrollment during the academic year).
- Be enrolled in at least 6 credit hours per semester or 6 hours per term during the entire loan period. (Audit and challenge credits do not count.)
- Be awarded by your last day of eligible enrollment.
- Do not exceed federal loan limits.
Please see the new Repeat Policy to find out if you're still eligible for federal financial aid.
Your eligibility for federal financial aid is subject to specific terms and conditions. We are required to follow federal regulations even if funding has already been awarded and/or disbursed when new information regarding your eligibility becomes available. If you are awarded financial aid and subsequently fail to maintain eligibility, or we become aware of additional information which affects our initial determinaton of your award eligibility, adjustments to your award may be required. If adjustments are necessary, you may be required to repay some or all of funding.