Putting on the Hood
- Inspect the hood from the side, as in Fig. 1. The long side (A) is to be next to the back.
- Place small end of the hood over head, with side A (Fig. 1) next to the back.
- Fold over side B (now the center of the hood) to expose its satin lining. The hood will then appear as in Fig. 2.
- Attach looped end of cord (A) to shirt or blouse button. Blouse or shirt collar and tie should be covered by velvet, but not rub uncomfortably on the neck (Fig. 3).
- Wrap cord (B) around button on center of gown (number of wraps adjusts hood opening width). Now attach looped end to button on opposite side of hood.