When to Expect Your Diploma
Diplomas are mailed three to six weeks after graduation to the mailing address listed on myBYU.
- If your mailing address needs to be updated, please make the necessary corrections on myBYU (Personal Information). Changes need to be made within three weeks of graduation.
- The student name that appears on the diploma is the name written by the student on the application for graduation; it is not necessarily the name on the university record. The student may contact the Graduation Office (B-150 ASB, 801-422-7675) to make any changes to how his or her name will appear on the diploma or to confirm that it will be accurate.
Diplomas will not be ordered for students who have a financial hold on their records. Once the hold has been cleared, please contact the Records/Registration Office so your diploma can be sent.
Diploma covers are given to students at the convocation ceremonies. If a student does not walk, they should contact the Records/Registration Office to receive their diploma cover.
What's on the Diploma
While students may have more than one major, only one baccalaureate degree will be awarded and they will receive only one diploma. All majors, however, will appear on the transcript. The primary major determines whether the degree is a BS, BA, etc.
Information on the diploma:
- University name and place
- Student name
- Degree - BA, BS, BM, BFA, MBA, MS, MA, PhD, JD, etc.
- Major (for students who graduated beginning December 2008)
- Date the degree was awarded
- Signature of the President of the Board of Trustees and the President of the University
- University seal
- University honors/Latin Distinction
Bachelor and Master: 8 1/2 x 11 in.
Doctorate: 11 x 14 in.
How to Reorder Your Diploma
If you would like a duplicate diploma, send the following information to the Record/Registration Office:
- Name & address
- Phone number
- BYU I.D. number or Social Security number
- Date of degree
- The name printed exactly as it should appear on the diploma
- We accept cash, check or credit cards. Please include the expiration date. (We cannot accept credit card information via email.)
- Prices: Bachelor and Master Diplomas $10.00, Doctorate $15.00