Academic Information that Can be Verified
The BYU Records/Registration Office can verify a student's current, past and/or future enrollment. The following information can also be verified:
|Class standing (Fr, So, Jr, Sr, etc.)|
|Anticipated graduation date (See Note 1)|
|Semester credit hours*|
|BYU total credits earned*|
|BYU cumulative GPA*|
|GPA for last BYU semester*|
Note 1: If you have not applied for graduation through your advisement center you need to provide the Records/Registration Office with an anticipated graduation date. You may do this by phone, mail, fax, or in person. Be aware that this does not mean that you have applied for graduation.
*Your request can be taken by phone for all of the above information except for those noted with an asterisk (*). The Records/Registration Office must receive a signed release for the asterisked information in person, by mail, or by fax, in order to maintain FERPA compliance. When requesting the starred information you will need to include the following:
- Full Name
- BYU ID # / Social Security #
- Birth Date
- Current Daytime Phone Number
- The address to where you would like the verification sent
Send the request to:
Provo, UT 84602
Fax#: (801) 422-0613
Financial Information that Can be Verified
The Records Office verifies the following financial information, all of which require a signed release:
|Cost of attendance|
Verifications for Insurance
Verifications of enrollment for insurance purposes may be taken over the phone, by mail, fax, or by coming in to the office. When making the request, if you do not have a form with the policy holders name and number on it please make sure that you provide that information. Insurance companies usually request enrollment verification, but sometimes they request additional information. If you need more than enrollment information such as: Good Student Discount, GPA, Academic Standing, or the BYU Total Credit Hours Earned, we must have a written request with your signature.
Good Student Discount
To receive a Good Student Discount the student must either go to the Records/Registration Office with a Good Student Discount form or send the form by mail or fax.
Enrollment Status by Credit Hours—Undergraduate
Enrollment Status by Credit Hours—Graduate
It is the responsibility of the student to find out from his or her lender what status they must maintain to keep the student loan repayment deferred.
- As of Fall of 1994 BYU has been sending enrollment information to National Student Clearinghouse (NCH) who in turn sends the enrollment information to their member lenders who request the information.
- If your lender is a member of National Student Clearinghouse then they will automatically receive your enrollment information 3 to 4 times per semester/term.
- If your lender is telling you that they need a verification of your enrollment make sure that we have an anticipated graduation date for you and that your lender knows that you are a student at BYU. They should receive your information from NCH.
- Some of the most common lenders of BYU student loans who use NCH are:
- Utah Lenders/Banks
- Sallie Mae
- Zion's Bank
- FedLoan Servicing
- Independent Study courses do not count toward enrollment status.