Waitlisting a Class
Beginning spring and summer 2012 BYU will be offering students the option of "waitlisting." Waitlists allow a student to place themself in a queue for a class that is full. It delivers "first come first serve" registration, provided the student meets all class limitation requirements and doesn't have any registration holds. When a seat opens up in a class, the first person on the waitlist will be added automatically.
If a student is not eligible to add a particular class based on class limitations, they will not see the waitlist option in MyMAP.
If a class is full and the student is eligible to take that class, a "WL" will appear next to the class. Students can click on the "WL" to be added to the Waitlist. They are notified at that time what approximate position in the queue they will be.
Students must be aware of and agree to the following terms in order to be added to a waitlist.
- Once a seat becomes available, and you are first on the waitlist, you will be automatically added to the class.
- If you no longer want the class, you must remove yourself from the waitlist (from the Register tab in MyMAP).
- If you are registered for another section of the same class (and it is a "non-R" suffix class) it will be dropped if the waitlisted section is added.
- You can only waitlist one section of the same class (except R suffix classes).
- Waitlisting does not guarantee that you will get a seat in the class.
- You will be skipped in the waitlist if you have registration holds, if adding the class will cause you to go over the maximum credit hour limit (undergrad: 18.0 F/W, 9.0 Sp/Sum), or if you do not meet other class limitations (e.g. majors only, etc.).
- Waitlisted classes will be added even if there is a time conflict with another class in your schedule.
NOTE: Waitlists expire 4 calendar days after the beginning of a semester or term and you will be removed from all waitlists.
If you are added to a waitlisted class, a confirmation email will be sent.