Many students choose to complete college coursework while still attending high school. These concurrent enrollment classes can help you fulfill general education requirements, while also helping you get a feel for what college is really like.
If you would like to participate in BYU concurrent enrollment classes, you must be a local high school student. You must also meet the following criteria:
- Complete parts 1, 2, and 3 of the online application at besmart.com (remember to apply under the “concurrent enrollment” status)
- Complete junior year of high school and be at least 16 years old
- Have an unweighted cumulative GPA of 3.70 or higher
- Indicate unconditional support from your high school counselor and parent
- Agree to enroll in no more than 11.5 hours during fall and winter semesters and no more than 5.5 hours during spring and summer terms
You must also fill out the concurrent enrollment voucher.
Note: A new concurrent enrollment voucher must be submitted for each enrollment at BYU.